Thursday, July 8, 2010

My SQUADRON game is out on iTunes!!

Here is the main title screen. It was a lot of fun to put this art together.
Here's an early development game screen shot. I made the "map" with a combo of different photos and some digital painting.
This is the very early concept art piece that I put together when we were still deciding on the direction of the game.
Here is my first pass at the game over screen. I thought it was really cool and intense like this! However, we lost a bit of nerve when considering the average iPhone/iPad casual gamer and pulled back a bit to skeletons that were a little more subtle. I still want to have a secret unlock that brings in this full strength skelo-glow. Radiation is like that. It automatically makes people glow and walk around like sentient rave glow-sticks.
Here's the pencil sketch I did for the main screen. I had a lot of inspiration from the old DC Blackhawk character. (and Lady Blackhawk of course!)
Early sketch and art test for the device in the game. It gets nasty.


Why hello my fellow Nerdorks! My friends and I have recently finished and posted our newest offering to the nerdiverse, The Squadron! Its kinda like a mix of Flight Control with Centipede, if you can fathom that.

You tap and drag paths for your fighter planes to follow as they patrol the screen bombing and firing on Nazis as they attempt to infiltrate the ancient device at the center of the screen. If you don't stop them in time and they enter the device, bad bad things happen, like when you eat several pounds of Taco Bell while drinking copious amounts of milk just passed its expiration date.

So head over and purchase it and leave some kind remarks! I would appreciate it a ton! I might even buy you a single taco if the comment is nice enough. But don't wait around on a hunger strike until it appears.

No comments: